Flipboard is most likely probably the most elegant application for reading through news with an iPad (and also on the apple iphone). Apple known as it the iPad application of the season this year and it is success made others release magazine-like applications for reading through news: Yahoo Livestand and and Google Currents.
Google’s offering enables marketers to produce small-applications inside Google Currents. They are able to mix multiple feeds, photo streams and video streams, Google updates, create custom sections, add a symbol along with a splash page, personalize web site and much more. You will find already 180 “models” from sites like AllThingsD, Fast Company and much more, but any web site could be transformed into an “edition” if it features a feed.
Google Currents will come in the united states for apple iphone, iPad and Android products. You are able to just use it after logging into websites for your Google account, that has the advantage that the configurations are synced and you will browse the same models on different products. You can include among the built-in models, import a number of your Google Readers monthly subscriptions or make use of the search feature to locate blogs and news sites. Google also shows some popular tales from Google Trends.
“Great content requires a great audience, and that’s why Google Currents is integrated with Google so customers can share articles or videos they have loved using their circles. Marketers may also connect their account with Google Statistics to be able to improve their understanding of consumers’ content preferences, device use and geographic distribution,” notifies Google.
Google Currents on iPad instantly paginates articles, produces table of contents and stresses photos. The content is synchronized, to help you read them even offline. This is particularly helpful for those who have an Android device since the articles could be synchronized without anyone’s knowledge.
Power is a great option to applications like Flipboard and Pulse, however it does not integrate with Twitter and facebook, the interface isn’t that smooth also it uses a lot of assets.
Swiftly browse hundreds of daily deals from thousands of reputable retailers. Set up custom alerts so you don't miss out on important deals. Save money at your favorite stores with coupon codes.
dealnews App key features:
- Powerful Search: find deals and coupons by keyword, category, store, or any combination.
- Push Alerts: create personal deal alerts and be notified within two minutes of a matching deal being posted.
- Save for later: Can't buy it right now? Save the deal for future consideration.
- Share: share relevant deals with family, friends and coworkers via Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Account Sync: connect your phone to your "mydealnews" account, enabling backup of your alert settings and other advanced features.
- Coupon Code Tracking: search for coupons by store; includes easy “clipping” for use at the store’s online checkout.
- Newest Deals: like to check dealnews several times a day? The "New" tab will show you all the deals that are new since your last visit.
© 2009 dealnews.com, Inc
Watch NHK WORLD TV live on your iPhone.
NHK WORLD TV is the international broadcast service in English that is produced around the clock by NHK, Japan’s only public broadcasting station.
This application will allow you to enjoy news and information programs provided by NHK WORLD TV on your iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere in the world at any time.
Please note that some NHK WORLD TV programs cannot be made available for reasons of copyright.
The visual quality of the contents will differ according to the service connection being used. This application will automatically recognize your communication environment: Wi-Fi or 3G.
Via a 3G connection, up to about 9.5MB of data can be received every 10 minutes. However, if you are not using a flat rate data package, you will be charged according to the time you spend online.
© 2010 NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)
The power of CNN in your hands
Designed and developed exclusively for the iPhone™ and iPod touch®
• Mashable: “To say we’re impressed with this app is an understatement”
• LA Times: "... a kind of fully loaded Swiss Army knife for news."
• Gizmodo: “CNN's iPhone App Makes Other News Apps Look Lazy”
NOW you can get live streaming video of breaking news, the most important headlines of the day with location-based news, weather and traffic from the palm of your hands. With the CNN App for the iPhone and iPod Touch, you can also iReport directly from your phone using the phone's advanced photo and video capabilities.
• Breaking news, top stories, US, world, politics, health, entertainment news and more
• Snack-sized highlights or full stories
• Local news, weather and traffic
• Sharing via e-mail, SMS, Twitter and Facebook
Breaking News Alerts
• Find out immediately when news breaks
• Breaking news alerts pushed to your home screen
• Live breaking news video
• Top video from all categories, most popular and the best of CNN TV
• Optimized for your connection
*Make sure your phone is not on vibrate and the volume is turned up for the best possible video experience
Local News, Weather and Traffic
• Location-based news headlines
• Current weather conditions, 10-day forecasts and radar maps
• Traffic maps and incident reports
• Contribute to CNN’s coverage on stories that are important to you
• View, record and submit video and photo iReports directly from your phone
The CNN App on iPhone is an ad-supported application and works on all iPhone/iPod touch Operating Systems and is optimized for iOS 4.
Outside the U.S.? See your country’s App Store for the CNN App developed especially for you.
© 2010 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.